Education and Professional BackgroundMEDIATION AND ARBITRATION EXPERIENCE
• Appointed Arbitrator for the Los Angeles Superior Court 1987-1993
• Appointed Arbitrator for the court annexed ADR program of the Eighth Judicial District Court, Clark County, Nevada, and has arbitrated over 200 cases involving personal injury and commercial disputes.
• Appointed Arbitrator for American Arbitration Association, Commercial and Construction Panel, 2002-Present
• Appointed Judge Pro Tempore, Short Trial program of the Eighth Judicial District Court, Clark County, Nevada 2007.
• Appointed as a mediator for the United States District Court Early Mediation Program for Section 1983 Inmate Cases 2014-2020.
EDUCATION, ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION TRAINING
• California State University Northridge, English 1976
• Southwestern University College of Law, J.D. 1979
• American Arbitration Association, Advanced Training Seminars in Arbitration 2002-2015
• Mediation training United States District Court inmate mediation program
• Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine University School of Law, Mediation, the Art of Facilitating Settlement, 2015
• In the area of commercial business litigation, Mr. Goldstein has obtained jury verdicts involving fraud, breach of contract, intentional tortious conduct, which have included punitive damage awards.
• Obtained a million dollar jury verdict involving a dispute between two individuals claiming rights to contest winnings in a nationally advertised promotional campaign.
• Breach of contract dispute regarding the entitlement of real estate commissions
• Numerous matters regarding breach of commercial leases, and residential purchase agreements
• Numerous matters involving construction defects of single family residences
• Numerous matters regarding failure to pay for materials and supplies obtained on credit
• Disputes involving construction contracts between general contractors, and subcontractors
• Disputes involving the enforcement of covenants not to compete
• Disputes Involving the dissolution of partnerships and corporate entities
• Disputes involving the enforcement and foreclosure of mechanic liens
• Disputes involving damages arising from product liability actions
• Disputes related to professional negligence
• Disputes arising from injuries from motor vehicle accidents
HONORS, PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
• AV Rating®, Martindale-Hubbell
• Selected as a Mountain States Super Lawyer
• Recipient of the Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register Preeminent Attorneys Award 2015
• Southern Nevada Disciplinary Board, Member, 2010-2015
• Rotary International Las Vegas Fremont Club Board Member, 2009-2021.